What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am shipping my ipad 2 back to Apple for repair or replacement for a pixel problem.

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the process of deciding to fix or replace my iPad they asked me to do a factory restore. When I tried this iTunes kept saying that the device wasn't eligible for a restore. Has anyone had similar problems?

I followed the device of apples help page about this problem, such as updating iTunes, disabling antivirus, disconnecting other USB devices, updating my computers OS and booting and trying restore again but stil get the same error message that the iPad is not eligible for the restore.

Is it possible for the firmware to be corrupted or the shsh blob to be corrupted?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your mention of shsh blobs makes me feel this question would be better addressed in the hacking section, so I've moved your post there with a permanent redirect.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This means you are not talking to Apple any more to get your SHSH Blobs or you are trying to restore an old firmware. I assume the first one will be correct as it is more likely.

I take it you have used TinyUmbrella OR edited your hosts file manually to redirect gs.apple.com?

The fix is quite easy. Although the error is not the same, if you look in our Tutorial and Guides section and follow the instructions in the thread about resolving iTunes error 3194 you will be good to go and you will not get that error any more when you try and restore in iTunes.

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y for clearing that up for me. I just clear those screens In tiny umbrella and forgot what they said. I switched them back and restored with no problem at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts