How to Use BTstack GPS to add GPS to a Jailbroken Wi-Fi iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, May 12, 2010.

1. tommyarmour

tommyarmour
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So another words the people selling btstack and advertising that you can get gps on your wifi ipad should put in the description only Holux devices are compatible, or at least list the few that are compatible.

I have perfectly normal gps capable devices that work flawlessly, I just liked the large screen of the ipad, and was considering buying a quality car mount, then syncing to any of my android devices, or my tom tom navigation. So of course seeing btstack then paying 5 dollars for the app, then 3 bucks for the navigation app. Then finding out I need to purchase another device just to make this cydia app work. UHG FU*(&%^*:mad::(:confused::eek:

2. tommyarmour

tommyarmour
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    What does this mean. I will put the link to where I read this on my next post. Forum rules.
    Improved compatibility - e.g, TomTom is compatible now. What is that telling me.

3. tommyarmour

tommyarmour
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
  4. Gvr4n

Gvr4n
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Tom Tom dock with iPad

5. Gvr4n

Gvr4n
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad wifi gps

I have the igps and the TomTom dock they both work. With the TomTom dock you don't need additional apps to make it work just a 30 pin male / female and a zip tie. With the igps360 you need the gps serial app from Cydia. These blow any GPS out of the water not to mention you never pay a zillion bucks for map updates and no connecting to computer for updates. So a few bucks here or there is nothing once you get all you need it's great. Then pay the 20 bucks for MyWi 4.0 from Cydia for your iphone and now your Navigon google
    search is functional Safari, Bing for iPad as well as email... SWEEET! The only thing that bothers me is having my iPad on display in my vehicle! All someone needs to do is follow you until you stop then mug you. I took my setup on vacation and was afraid to use it in LA and Vegas. If someone is watching you you can't stash it in the vehicle and you don't want to carry it around!!

6. Lozza50

Lozza50
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    I am very new at this, I have Jb' day iPad and am looking for BTstack gps. I have been to Cydia store but only found BTstack
    keyboard where do I find gps and how do I pay for it
    Thanks

7. Lozza50

Lozza50
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have been to Cydia store and all I can find is BT Stack keyboard , where do I find BT Stack GPS ?

8. Lozza50

Lozza50
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Tell me how and where I can purchase please

9. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The thread says it's available from cydia,but the thread is almost 2 years old.

10. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Use the search term "BTstack GPS." I just ran the search and it's a paid app in Cydia ($5.00, USD). It's listed under the BigBoss repo, which is a standard/default repo you get when you jail break and get access to Cydia.

Not going to pretend I understand what it does :) - but it's in Cydia for the buying. Happy shopping.

Marilyn