What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove BTstack forever?

hipponax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I would try out BTstack for bluetooth GPS but it wasnt really my sort of thing - have managed to remove the actual GPS bit, but the toggle for BTSTACK is still in the extensions part of my settings and doesnt respond to any deinstalling on cydia- ok its useful i suppose if i ever want to mess around with bluetooth devices again, but I have found NOWHERE where there is information to remove this completely from my ipad and in the mean time like my ipad to be "clean" of this app

However, i have now found a way to deal with this:

when you go to installed - you will find Simple or Expert toggle in the top right, if you put it in expert mode, BTSTACK will suddenly appear an allow itself to be uninstalled!

voila!

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the stack is marked as a low level component and only visible when you switch Cydia up to Expert so you can see everything. Glad you got your own problem sorted! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts