What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can not Bluetooth pair iPad 2 ios 5.1.1 with Android 4.0.3 using BTStack 1.6.3

dresnick12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Devices and SW: iPad 2 ios 5.1.1 jailbroken, Galaxy s2 GT-I9100 Android 4.0.3, latest BTstackGPS 1.6.3 installed from Cydia.

Followed instructions: On iPad turn off ios BT and set BTstack as active stack. Turn on BTstackGPS.

Initiated pairing from the phone using the regular BT pairing procedure (which worked with other devices). The phone recognizes iPad and iPad recognizes the phone.

All pairing attempts fail !!! Some attempts prompted to enter a 4 digit code and some don't even do that.

Point: When a pairing attempts were started from the phone, BTstackGPS on the iPad was turned off automatically (At least the screen changed to the home screen and I had to press the BTstakGPS icon again)

I also tried initiating the pairing from BTstackGPS. No success.

iPad (and other ios devices) in general can not pair with Android devices, but BTstack is supposed to resolve it.
There are testimonies of people that they were able to pair with older versions of ios and Android.

Any clues????????????????????????

xcapisx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Devices and SW: iPad 2 ios 5.1.1 jailbroken, Galaxy s2 GT-I9100 Android 4.0.3, latest BTstackGPS 1.6.3 installed from Cydia.

Followed instructions: On iPad turn off ios BT and set BTstack as active stack. Turn on BTstackGPS.

Initiated pairing from the phone using the regular BT pairing procedure (which worked with other devices). The phone recognizes iPad and iPad recognizes the phone.

All pairing attempts fail !!! Some attempts prompted to enter a 4 digit code and some don't even do that.

Point: When a pairing attempts were started from the phone, BTstackGPS on the iPad was turned off automatically (At least the screen changed to the home screen and I had to press the BTstakGPS icon again)

I also tried initiating the pairing from BTstackGPS. No success.

iPad (and other ios devices) in general can not pair with Android devices, but BTstack is supposed to resolve it.
There are testimonies of people that they were able to pair with older versions of ios and Android.

Any clues????????????????????????

I sucees to pair BTstack 1.6.3 Demo on my ipad 2 (wifi) to my Galaxy S2, I use a widget on the S2 called GPS2Bluetooth (free).

Most reactions

Latest posts