What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set up custom domain or business email with iPad gmail app?

Diluvium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I use the desktop version of gmail I am able to set up my outgoing mail so it comes from my business email associated with my website's domain. Is there a way to set this up on my iPad gmail app so I don't accidentally send emails from my gmail email address?

I know I can use safari to go to the desktop version on my iPad but thats not as convenient as I'd like.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried setting up both accounts, so that when you compose, you can select which one you want as the outgoing address.

OP
D

Diluvium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have, the question is how to do this within the gmail mobile app on my iPad. I don't see any way to change the app settings to include this feature.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Diluvium said:
Yes I have, the question is how to do this within the gmail mobile app on my iPad. I don't see any way to change the app settings to include this feature.

Apparently the Gmail app is limited to a single account. (actual users can jump in to confirm this).I use the default mail app which allows this. I have my personal Gmail account set-up via Exchange set-up, along with a work Exchange account. When composing, I can click on the From field and select the sending account.

Most reactions

Latest posts