What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail app Question

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

I am so used to in Previous version of gmail Having the inbox Listed in that list where I click on the inbox To read all my new email. After updating Gmail app I can no longer find the inbox listed. sorry They may have changed it to a new name but I do not know it. Thank you for any help on this.

Attachments

• image-1794247259.jpg
    image-1794247259.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 263

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

I am so used to in Previous version of gmail Having the inbox Listed in that list where I click on the inbox To read all my new email. After updating Gmail app I can no longer find the inbox listed. sorry They may have changed it to a new name but I do not know it. Thank you for any help on this.

Google is known for making drastic changes to their user interfaces that cause people to stop what they're doing and learn something new. They've done it too many times in their various products and it's the main reason I dumped Android last year and moved to iOS. Just wanted to let you know that this probably won't be the last time a Google product leaves you in the dark.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had not used the GMail app in a long time, so I was surprised to see the changes when I checked it out just now. However; mine still shows the inbox.

Since there are no settings (that I could find) on the iPad that will do this I'm guessing it has something to do with the GMail settings on the website. For what it is worth, when Google wanted me to activate their new filter that's supposed to highlight your important emails, I declined.

The word Primary suggests that you have more than one GMail account set up. That might be a clue as well.

image-84400187.jpg

Also, check the webmail side and see if your Inbox is still showing up on a computer browser.

Good luck.

Last edited:

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you use Gmails new set up where they filter your emails to their 3 new tab system, your app shows the primary instead of the inbox. If you didn't agree to their new set up then it will show the inbox instead of the primary. I believe if you have a business acct you don't receive the option for their new set up.

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm google has changed its interface, you must be seeing a similar interface in your google account.

Most reactions

Latest posts