What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Remove All Emails in iOS 10 on iPad or iPhone

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There used to be a method to remove all emails from an account in 'mail' using the 'delete all' command.
Unfortunately Apple seem to have removed this facility for multiple emails in iOS 10, and you can now only delete one email at a time. This is fine for a few emails, but I wanted to remove approx. 6,500 !.

However I have since found that there is a hidden method in iOS to easily remove all emails in Inbox or Draft. And it needs only a few clicks, works on any iPhone iPad in iOS 10 and iOS 10.1 (including iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.).

The solution is moving all emails to Trash, which still has a 'Delete All' button.

Step 1. Go to Inbox or other account mailboxes that have no "Delete All", and click Edit on the top corner.

Step 2. After selecting one email, press and hold the "Move" on the bottom and then uncheck the email you selected. (Make sure not release "Move" until you uncheck all the items you checked before.)

Step 3. It may take a while, depending on how many emails are in the account, but it will then bring you to a page that allows you to move all emails to another folder, such as Junk and Trash. In this way, you can move all emails to Trash.

Step 4. After moving all emails to Trash, just click Edit > "Delete All" in the trash to get rid of all emails from Inbox or other boxes that have no "Delete All".

Hope this helps

Steve

Asimov65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have used this a number of times and it works, but i dont get the storage freed up. It still shows as more than a GB of mailbox data.

OP
Aerofly

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have found that sometimes, if you have a very large number of emails, that you may need to do this several times as it seems to delete ‘batches’ of emails at a time.
Try it a few times in succession.

Most reactions

Latest posts