What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to "open in" certain apps

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, wonder if anyone can tell me how to preferentially "open in" certain apps. Sometimes I tried "open in" GoodReader or PDF Expert and the scroll down didn't features the apps. In some desperate situations, I tried deleting some apps before the target app appear on the list. Any idea to overcome this? Thanks in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, wonder if anyone can tell me how to preferentially "open in" certain apps. Sometimes I tried "open in" GoodReader or PDF Expert and the scroll down didn't features the apps. In some desperate situations, I tried deleting some apps before the target app appear on the list. Any idea to overcome this? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, you have discovered the limitations of the "Open In..." function. It only shows a certain number of apps (I think it's ten) and so, even if you have more apps that can read the file, they don't appear.

You mentioned the only "solution" to this problem that people have found: Remove some apps until the app you want appears in the list. That's the only way known, sorry.

In the "good news" department - I hear that there may be apps that will show in the "Open In..." function in iOS 6, which is rumored to arrive this fall. So, we can hope.

Otherwise, all I can do is sympathize cause that's the way it works now. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
D

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. Should have ask earlier to save me times, I have tried looking all over in the general settings to no avail.

Most reactions