What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filebrowser app ?

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this app knowing it wouldn't play some of my movie files, I'm good with that it's a cool app. My question is this, when I select the open in feature for a movie file, I get no option for a program to "open in" instead it appears to be transferring the file through my wifi? Can anyone shed light on how the open in feature works in this app? Thank you in advance, I'm learning all kinds of new stuff since getting my iPad. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Filebrowser app is a remote file access program that can browse your networked drives on a PC or Mac. When you 'see' them on the iPad they are really still on the remote drive. If you want to open one of those files it needs to be transferred to your iPad first of all and so, yes, the file is copied from the networked drive over WiFi to the iPad.

Tim

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for such a quick reply and thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions