1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to get Google Maps back on iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Grytpype, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Grytpype

Grytpype Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How to get Google Maps back on iOS 6

You will know by now that if you have upgraded from iOS 5 to iOS 6, you have lost Google Maps. The only workaround until now has been to open it in a browser, such as Chrome or Safari; but the icon wasn't the same and the app didn't run in full screen.

Now there is a better solution, for both iPad and iPhone. It is not perfect, but it restores the old icon and gets Google Maps running in full-screen mode.

The links are here:
    iPhone upload: http://uploads.benguild.com/ios6googlemapsicon.mobileconfig
    iPad upload: http://uploads.benguild.com/ios6googlemapsicon_ipad.mobileconfig

Article in Gizmodo here: How to Get the Old Google Maps Icon Back On Your iPhone | Gizmodo UK

Until Google submit a new app (and if Apple allow it, which is by no means certain) this is as good as you are going to get.
  2. edcm1

edcm1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I have refused to upgrade to the new iOS because I don't want to lose my maps.