What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 maps

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maps are shocking. They work ok in London and flyover looks great but where I live in Derby it's terrible. Google map has to make an app. It's just not useful now for me. If posted some screen shots of satellite view

Sent from my iPad 3

Attachments

• image-4231104188.jpg
    image-4231104188.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 604
  • image-3096308419.jpg
    image-3096308419.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 462

darnice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole IOS 6 is shockingly BAD!!!! Can i get 5.1.1 back? App store - Terrible , Maps- Terrible. Upgrade? NO!!!
nothing new at all really, just a usless map app, and a Clock

Don't upgrade!!!

This should have been called I-Phone 5 IOS cause is sucks on a Ipad 3. It feels like a phone now! not a tablet!!!

Google better provide a maps apps quick cause i really love Street view and that is not happening with apple maps.

App store uses huge icons for each app (for small screen phones obviously) that is a total waste of the high res 10" screen on the Ipad.

Apple messed up bigtime, so bad, Android looks good right about now!!

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tone fair mate. I completely agree. He only things I do like are panorama as it seems better than the apps I have used. Also, Facebook integration. The thing I'm most excited about is the iMovie update lol

Sent from my iPad 3

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone else got black and white Apple maps? They should not have rolled this app out, it's terrible!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The whole IOS 6 is shockingly BAD!!!! Can i get 5.1.1 back? App store - Terrible , Maps- Terrible. Upgrade? NO!!!

Exactly why I haven't updated, I guess some people wanted to check out Siri on iPad 3 and the new maps.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People should have been aware, there will be many more updates by apple to get maps working properly. Google maps worked awesome but unfortunately it didn't support voice turn by turn.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the maps app is awful. I'm also having issues with editing in the iPF app. Wish I had waited to upgrade.

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darnice said:

Don't upgrade!!!

This should have been called I-Phone 5 IOS cause is sucks on a Ipad 3. It feels like a phone now! not a tablet!!!

Google better provide a maps apps quick cause i really love Street view and that is not happening with apple maps.

App store uses huge icons for each app (for small screen phones obviously) that is a total waste of the high res 10" screen on the Ipad.

Apple messed up bigtime, so bad, Android looks good right about now!!

I feel the same way. Maps is particularly disappointing. I NEED GOOGLE MAPS!!! Siri is nice to have though (even with her limited functionality) AppStore...I could get used to but this was not worth loosing my jailbreak! I may just downgrade...let me give it at least 24 hrs.

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darnice said:

It looks like AppStore on the iPad has been fixed. I guess somehow iPad users got the iPhone AppStore for a few hours. At least this is better than the huge icons earlier today.

Sent from my iPad3 on iOS 6

plegare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mimshacktee said:
I feel the same way. Maps is particularly disappointing. I NEED GOOGLE MAPS!!! Siri is nice to have though (even with her limited functionality) AppStore...I could get used to but this was not worth loosing my jailbreak! I may just downgrade...let me give it at least 24 hrs.

New to all this, this is an awful update. Is there any way to get 5.1.1 back?
If I jailbreak can I return to 5.1.1?
There has to be a way please someone help or this IPad is on Craigslist
The map is a joke, why should I want turn by turn direction on my Ipad,my car has a GPS.
Like someone said earlier this is an update for that lame iPhone.
No more you tube either

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
plegare said:
New to all this, this is an awful update. Is there any way to get 5.1.1 back?
If I jailbreak can I return to 5.1.1?
There has to be a way please someone help or this IPad is on Craigslist
The map is a joke, why should I want turn by turn direction on my Ipad,my car has a GPS.
Like someone said earlier this is an update for that lame iPhone.
No more you tube either

I'm sorry to have to tell you that at the present time there is no way for you to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 after you're already on iOS 6. BTW, there is no jailbreak presently available for iOS 6.

plegare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I'm sorry to have to tell you that at the present time there is no way for you to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 after you're already on iOS 6. BTW, there is no jailbreak presently available for iOS 6.

When jailbreak becomes available for ios6 will I be able to do it

Most reactions

Latest posts