What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get a SmartCover for Your Original iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://vimeo.com/21247198]Smart Cover for iPad 1 on Vimeo[/ame]​

If you’re the owner of an original iPad who looks longingly at the iPad 2’s SmartCover and wishes you could have one for your own, MacStories has a report today that will gladden your heart! Apparently a blogger called Dan Provost felt the same way, and decided to try to work out how to make it happen. Basically, all he did was to superglue some rare-earth magnets to the left side of an original iPad, so that the SmartCover was then able to stick to it. According to Provost, the original iPad’s flat edge “affords a perfect area to place a few think magnets, and the SmartCover can lay flush across them.” Going by the video, it’s quite a simple procedure, so long as you’re not squeamish about gluing bits to your iPad. Of course it won’t have the same put to sleep/wake from sleep effect as the SmartCover has with the iPad 2, but it should still look pretty nice all the same.

Source: MacStoriesHow To Use A Smart Cover With The iPad 1, Smart Cover for iPad 1 - The Russians Used a Pencil

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL Smart cover envy.
I'm not going to even bother because I want more protection then that.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL Smart cover envy.
I'm not going to even bother because I want more protection then that.

My point exactly ;-). Smart cover offers no " Real" type of protection. I'll stick with my tarsus truss case and official apple case. Both protect iPad very well while looking stylish also.
Woooohooo...# 900 post..lmfao. Don't mind me..lol

Most reactions

Latest posts