What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything like the smart case, but better?

omacaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking around at getting a case for my iPad 3 but it seems they are all pretty much the same, ever a cheap knock off of apples case, or a leather portfolio case. I really like the apple smart case but I had a couple concerns with it:
First, the flap doesn't seem as securely attached as the smart cover, ie when you put it in stand mode it's a bit more wobbly since its only attached with a little strip of rubber, as opposed to the strong magnets of the smart cover.
Second, when the cover shuts it lays flush with the case which means it can be difficult to open again if you don't have long fingernails, and when you do open it, the is no magnet or anything that holds it open on the back of the case

Some things I really like about it is how sleek it is over all. Doesn't add any bulk to the iPad, both around the edges and thickness, which is a major issue for me with the portfolio cases. Also I absolutely love that they put that extra effort into the holes for ports and the button covers. Every other case seems to just cut giant holes in the areas for the ports and buttons and call it a day, and that just looks horrible in my opinion.

So are there any cases that address the negatives while keeping the positives? Preferable something available on amazon UK since that is probably where I'll end up ordering from.

Thanks so much for the help!

daveison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the smart case design, too~
But after I find something thinner, I just abandoned it~lol~
well, I may attach some pic for you. They are ultra thin and you will never feel bulky! Also it covers the button! yeah i feel le nouveau is doing really great~they have another edition with SWAROVSKI crystal, too. well that's for girl~ lol
SmissarDeluxe_banner1_2.jpg96-301-large.jpgSmissarDeluxe_banner1_4.jpg

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daveison dose the cover have a magnet that hods the cover to the back of the case when open?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions