What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to downgrade ios 6.0.1 to 5.1.1 on ipad2

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure to save your blobs for every version of iOS from now on, you'll never know when they'll be useful.

frutips123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

EDIT: After many attempts, I have finally gotten back to 4.3.5. unfortunately now I am having problems upgrading to 5.1.1
It would automatically put me in recovery mode, and when the restoration process starts it tells me to go into DFU mode, then the process continues. All looks well, then finally, I'd get a message saying restoration could not be completed because you are in DFU mode??? so strange, especially since it told me to go into the mode first.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read, it IS possible to go back up to 5.1.1 if I have the blobs (which I do). So, am I missing some steps? Or is going to 5.1.1 on a ipad 2 with redsnow still impossible?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts