What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed about SHSH Blobs

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, ready to open the wine, tried again with no avail. Do i need to download 6.1,and not update to save blobs? Why has in the past cydia saved blobs that i have not updated to ( 6.0' 6.0.1)? My mistake earlier, i have PkgBackup installed, yet with no shsh blobs saved to it. I am lost. Do i just wait for the JB and update at that time? I am truly a noob, without a friend that understands any of this, i am struggling on my own.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It takes time for Cydia to get them, especially after the release since there's a lot of traffic. PkgBackup is for restoring Cydia tweaks/apps.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thx, so in time cydia will have my shsh blobs, so nice to hear. I guess then i can back them up in pkgbackup? I was having the worst time with tinyumbrella, and one of my fav movies is singing in the rain. (lol). Thx for the update

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally got them, had to install version 6.10.02a from TU, if that helps anyone else

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always, always, always use the latest version of a tool like TinyUmbrella ;)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh but they ninja'd the last update on TU :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Ahhh, but the bugs were not applicable to the wench's situation, and the guide I linked to said use the "latest" version which would have worked if the OP had followed the guide. I did test it myself since I saved my own 6.1 blobs using the version available at the time I made the post ;)

In fact, to be accurate semaphore had seriously borked the last 3 versions of TU, no doubt due to the pressures in his real life, which is why we were recommending using redsn0w to save blobs for a good while recently :)

Anyhoo, using the latest version is still always good general advice :D

Last edited:

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wench is just happy to have the blobs, so what is the next step, just wait? While on the subject, naynway to put

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The wench is just happy to have the blobs, so what is the next step, just wait? While on the subject, naynway to put

Yup. Wait and see what happens over the weekend... (hopefully).

You'll hear about it here (and everywhere) pretty quickly once it happens.

any way to put what? :D

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wench is just happy to have the blobs.so what is the next step, just wait?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The wench is just happy to have the blobs.so what is the next step, just wait?

Are you looking for these - Smilies - Apple iPad Forum

We don't reccomend you use emoji on the site, as only folks with emoji enabled can see them, which is a small percentage of our users. The built in codes linked above are the right way for everyone on the forum to see them ;)

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sry hit send to fast. I think you answered my question,was going to ask anywhere to store the blobs, but guess they just stay out of the rain under umbrella

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't even send a .must have been typing in some other language

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Are you looking for these - Smilies - Apple iPad Forum

We don't reccomend you use emoji on the site, as only folks with emoji enabled can see them, which is a small percentage of our users. The built in codes linked above are the right way for everyone on the forum to see them ;)

Ok, thx i will just type from now on. : o

Most reactions