What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Full is your iPad?

How full is your iPad?

• Total voters

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm hovering about 1/2 full. How about you. How much of your "space" have you used up so far? Just pick the closest answer -- no need to measure or do any math.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is always within a gig of being full and it's a 64.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sitting about a quarter full on my 64 gig but haven't put hardly any of my photos, music or books on yet. Just taking my time and adding bit by bit.

greener

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can one check for how full iPad is ad thanks for responses

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iTunes it tells you when you plug it in. At the bottom of the sync page there is a color coded bar that tells you how much space is being used by what type of file.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used about half a gig of free storage in my 16 GB iPad. Obviously I'm not storing music or video and my Kindle books are compact.

OP
G

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Besides iTunes when it is plugged in (which is what I used), you can look under Settings-- General. Then compare the Capacity to the Available. A little more thought involved, but you don't need to connect it to iTunes, so for ease to me it is a wash as to which way you do it.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems like my music is what takes up the most chunk....and I only have about 6GB of music. I don't even know why I put it on there, I've only listed to music on my iPad to test it out.

taudelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saved a boatload of space by selecting the option to compress my music that is larger than 128 kpbs. It dropped the amount of space my music used from 22GB to 8GB.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to try that, although I only have about 8-9GB worth of music.

Saundman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4 Gigs out of 32G. No music. Just APPs, some ebooks, PDFs, two Magazines, and mostly Comics.

Side note: If Publishers Clearing House started selling e-Magazines.....I would be in trouble. :rolleyes:

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As of today, I've got 5GB free on my 64GB. That's mostly because of video - I've got the first 3 seasons of Star Trek: Voyager on the iPad, as I've never seen it and a friend recommended it. After I watch an ep, I delete it, so that will go down over time.

Most reactions

Latest posts