What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How frequently do you charge?

How often do you feel the need to charge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you charge every day? Every couple days? Does your iPad last a week?!

Also, what do you consider to be an optimal charging schedule to improve the non user serviceable battery?

This poll could be further expanded to include the "How long does your battery REALLY last" poll, and you can answer that question if you would like.

Last edited:

drwinston001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge mine about twice a week (maybe every 3 days) but I wouldn't say I don't use it a lot. My battery lasts from 100% to dead approx 15 hours which is well above what is suggested. 5 hours usage a day when I don't use it for work is quite a lot in my opinion.

When I bought it, it had something like 70% charge. Ever since then I've either let it run dead before charging or at the most about 5% and I don't over charge it. For example I don't leave it on charge overnight like I do my phone. It takes about 4 hours to fully charge.

Northorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I generally charge every other day and I usually don't get below 50% charge.

wdpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My I pad is almost public property at work. I have two other emp who are always stealing it. With all this usage I charge about every third day, if needed. We are on the wifi downloading videos or on Facebook. I do keep my screen at half power and it is more than a great display still.

KILLERkpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge whenever I can, I have a home charger and car charger. I am good with that....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine a LOT..and I can make it about 2 days before I have to charge...my gf uses hers occasionally and she can go about 2 weeks before she has to charge it.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Every day. My nieces are on it constantly watching videos and listening to music. I listen to audiobooks. Usually between 20 and 40 percent each night when I plug it in.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everyday here too.
In constant use by all the family.
Plus I like to lie in bed in the morning and read the newspapers on it, catchup on feeds etc..

Joe iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine constantly and still only need a charge every couple days. I'm still at 89 percent and I've been on it all day.

OP
D

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, I've been really impressed by the life of the battery and it puts my iPhone first gen to absolute shame. I realize that the phone has a smaller battery, yes, but now I kind of expect phones to be on par with my iPad for some reason! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts