What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How frequently do you charge?

How often do you feel the need to charge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every day, but only because there are sime days that I get close to 15%. It's almost 10 pm here, and I'm at 75%. I'll still charge it because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every other day. I use it often. Going out tomorrow and buying two or three docks. One for the entertainment center (pandora), bedroom, and table next to couch in living room. Hate to have a dead iPad..

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep my iPad plugged in to the power cube whenever I'm not using it.. That way I always have a full charge when I leave the house with it.

FWIW, Lithium batteries don't need any special treatment to make them last longer. However, you need to do a deep discharge the batteries from time to time, to keep the "remaining charge" indicator properly calibrated.

This site explains things pretty well: -> How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Crp5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great article and didn't realize that frequently topping off the battery was better for it. I wonder what Apple will do once the Ipad batteries start giving it up. (Trade-in, refurbs, replacement battery service, etc...)

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the warranty expires, Apple will replace the battery for $99.00 + shipping. You send in yours and they send a replacement unit back with new batteries.. I don't know if it's new or if it's a refurb. See the link below:

Apple - Support - Battery Replacement Service - iPad

Pretty sure a referb. I'm sure that 99 bucks covers new glass and battery. Maybe new aluminum backing. Two days after they get yours, they replace battery and send it to the guy who just sent his in.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the iPad can go through 4000 charge cycles. If it's like the iPhone that's good.

iPhone works like this, you start out with 100%. You use 60% in one day and recharge. Next day you use 40%. You again recharge. So in those two days you used 100% of power which = 1 charge cycle.

If that's the same with iPad.. Wow that's roughly 8000 days for me

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I have been off sick this week (back to work now) but on Tuesday, I basically ran the iPad into the ground. I started using it around 10am and stopped around 7pm or so. I was using wifi the whole time surfing and watching videos with the speaker only, no headphones. It asked me to plug in at 10% at around 7pm. That is 9 hours, and I could have gone at least an hour more.

I generally keep the screen brightness at about 25% - I will turn it up for movies to 100%.

I cannot complain about battery life on this machine. Best I have seen on a portable device that is constantly connected to the internet ever. Even the Touch could not come close.

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge nightly. I've been using mine consistently today since 8 am and I'm now down to 20%. I just want to see the extent of how long it'll last me.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get a few days out of mine, but I try to keep it above 60%, I will baby the battery untill the ipad dies, not sending it in to get ripped apart lol

Balthasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you charge every day? Every couple days? Does your iPad last a week?!

Also, what do you consider to be an optimal charging schedule to improve the non user serviceable battery?

This poll could be further expanded to include the "How long does your battery REALLY last" poll, and you can answer that question if you would like.

Good question about the optimal recharging schedule. I have had some woeful experiences with some rechargables

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far with moderate usage, I'm getting about 3 to 4 days on a charge. I'm amazed at how long the iPad goes in between charges.

Most reactions

Latest posts