What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you use Evernote?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using it for basic note-taking and am interested in what else it might do. Any Evernote users who have tips, etc., to share? Any novel uses? Thanks.

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On many people's recommendation I downloaded it too and haven't had time to do the homework either. Have you tried YouTube for instructional vids?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it to keep a recipe book. That way if I'm out grocery shopping and want to make something, I bring up my Android version of EverNote and my recipes along with required ingredients are there with me!

avwh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it to enter info about new bird sightings and directions to those sites - that way I have that info on my iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone by cutting & pasting or entering such info only once.

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:
I use it to keep a recipe book. That way if I'm out grocery shopping and want to make something, I bring up my Android version of EverNote and my recipes along with required ingredients are there with me!

I have Evernote, but have yet to play around with it, but this is a brilliant idea!
I'm gonna go download it on my Droid...which will soon be replaced by an iPhone once my contract expires...

OP
K

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't cook and am lazy enough that I would just photograph a recipe ingredient list, rather than type it, then tuck it in an album of ingredient lists.

My hat's off to all who cook. (My hat is clearly not a chef's toque.)

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I don't cook and am lazy enough that I would just photograph a recipe ingredient list, rather than type it, then tuck it in an album of ingredient lists.

If I'm not mistake --and I could be-- but methinks you don't have to type up the recipe, but simply import it into Evernote (if you found one you like online.)
Am I wrong here?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't type them in. All my recipes I found online. Cut & paste.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too chose Evernote because of the reviews and could not be happier. I use it just as I would a notebook or storage book. I scan receipts and put them in a notebook. I have typed minutes from meetings and saved them to Evernote (PDF) which is Awesome!! it's linked to my desktop, iphone4 and iPad2. So one click pushes it to all my devices. So wherever I am, and whatever device I'm on, I'm able to access all my information. It's truly a wonderful app.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
K

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

If I'm not mistake --and I could be-- but methinks you don't have to type up the recipe, but simply import it into Evernote (if you found one you like online.)
Am I wrong here?

Yes, you're right if you use online recipes. I was thinking about recipes from books. I clearly only eat, instead of cook, lol.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I convert web recipes to PDF format and save in evernote
It's great while browsing to be able to save to refer back to later.
Love the shopping list idea!

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I convert web recipes to PDF format and save in evernote
It's great while browsing to be able to save to refer back to later.
Love the shopping list idea!

There are add ons to some browsers (Chrome, Firefox) that let you clip an entire webpage or sections you have highlighted, and pull them into Evernote.

I listened to a podcast where Leo Laporte noted that he will take a photo of the wine label of a noteworthy wine, and pull that into Evernote.

As someone asked or suggested, there are a number of YouTube videos that show various ways of using the product.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you put a PDF, pic and text into a single note in ever note? Oh and how about "open in" to the same note?

I ask because I HAD Evernote but found I could not do all of these within one note. At least I didn't figure it out anyways.

ChezDigital

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Simplenote...so much better for editing than Evernote, imo. I can't stand how Evernote puts each line into a table cell.

Most reactions

Latest posts