What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some evernote questions

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have recently started using Evernote and I am finding it very useful. I am creating a database of recipes found on the web and because Evernote is also on my phone, I can check what ingredients I need while I am in the supermarket!

When I use my laptop I have a google chrome extension to clip articles directly into Evernote. There doesn't seem to be an iPad equivalent for this. Has anyone found a good workaround? I have tried a bookmarklet called joliprint, but it doesn't always capture the whole page.

Also, is it possible to copy notes from Evernote to dropbox? And can I e-mail a note to someone else (for example meeting notes).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This thread goes over a way to add limited Evernote clipping to mobile Safari. It is slow, but works. It will capture the whole page, or whatever you select, or just a link depending on what you check in the window that eventually appears.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/19911-evernote-web-clipper-installation.html

The third party browser iCab Mobile has this ability as one of it's plugins. It's not any faster but you don't have to roll your own link to make it work.

The share icon at the bottom of the screen (looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it) will let you email a note. This works fine, though it's going to tell the recipient that it came from Evernote. Not the email address, just a header in the body of the text.

If you go to sendtodropbox.com you can get an email address that will allow you to send attachments to DropBox. If the server gets bogged down it can take while. Took a couple hour one time I was experimenting with it. Pictures notes will send the picture to an Attachment folder in DropBox. All text is lost.

The programs FingerPrint (for Windows) or Printopia (for Mac OS X) will let you print the notes to the DropBox folder on your computer as PDF files (must be on the same network).

I don't know anyway to send the notes to DropBox as text, not directly.

There are other text editing apps that will save to DropBox. You could copy and paste to them to send documents there. I don't have any to recommend, and can't name them off the top of my head at the moment. It's getting a bit late here.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts