What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evernote: sometimes page is blank; why?

airhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i hope i'm not missing something really basic but i wanna like Evernote but i find it to be inconsistent. sometimes my notes are there and then there are times when i need to find something and the note is a single, blank page!

i can't think of anything i'm doing that would cause this problem. i mean, once you have/create a note, it's supposed to always be there, right? it doesn't depend on having access to the web, right?

the program called Notes that comes with the iPad is super simple but one thing i'll say for it: it's rock solid. whatever notes i create using Notes is always there, unlike Evernote. Based on my experience, it should be called SometimesNote.

anyway, if there's a known bug and solution, i'm all ears.

thanks.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use evernote a lot (daily) between PC, iPad, and iPhone, and I have to admit I've never noticed blank notes. The odd time a note preview has been blank, but the note behind it has been there, and this has usually sorted itself on the next sync. Never lost note content though... sorry.

OP
A

airhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the swift reply. turns out, it's my fault. after i posted my question, i continued my search on the web and it appears that Evernote does require access to the web unless you pay for monthly or yearly service for offline viewing (One month = $4.99; One year = $44.99). that bums me out. yes, i understand every company is entitled to charge what they want but i didn't realize i'd have to pay for yet another monthly service. nothing against Evernote but i'll be removing my copy and looking for an alternative. on the other hand, i'm glad that you're a big Evernote fan and that it's serving your needs.

by the way, found the info in this thread: http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21139&start=0

Last edited:

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Evernote free service and it works between my Android phone, my iPad and my Mac. What am I missing by not subscribing?

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also am a free user, and haven't had a problem. The free version has more than enough room for me.

jsoenke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem on my iPad with the subscriber version of Evernote. If save a note on my Mac, then open it on the iPad, because the iPad version doesn't support Rich Text, it asks me to Copy the Content or Append the Note. If I select Copy, it resaves it as plain text. Then if I open another note, then go back to the previous one and choose to edit, it's blank and has erased the note across all of my devices. Luckily, it is still in the Trash and can be recovered. Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution?

Most reactions