What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hints on Triple Entendre

mooshu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone got a starting point to sci fi 35 please? Just can't seem to get anywhere tyia

sjwolfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Level 79. I think i am getting desperate now. I looked at the older alphabet used for those maritime flags. Back in 1913 B meant Boy. Q meant quack. V meant vice. (now they stand for bravo quebec victor respectively). Since the clue under the flags involve a male duck... I told you i am getting desperate.

Rosalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boy, quack and vice is a new slant! I checked out famous people who wore a beret and smoked..Marlene Dietrich was interesting, as was Briggitte Bardot!
I'm about ready to give up till we hear from the VB boys. When do you think that will be?

Hvsavage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boy, quack and vice is a new slant! I checked out famous people who wore a beret and smoked..Marlene Dietrich was interesting, as was Briggitte Bardot!
I'm about ready to give up till we hear from the VB boys. When do you think that will be?

B Boy Baker Bravo
Q Quack Queen Quebec
V Vice Victor

Are all words that have been used for the phonetic alphabet of signal flags.

sjwolfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for 79 I was think boy, quack, vice because it's a male duck who is smoking. It seems to fit. However, I can't find anything to support it. I have tried various images. I have looked at bardot and dietrich. Bardot was interesting because of her animal rights work. However, I can find an appropriate connection. I have looked a beatniks, and artists too. I have probably made this harder than it is... If anyone has any other thoughts or leads.... anything is appreciated.

Kborg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
79--BQV is the airport code for Bartlett Cove Alaska...which is is Glacier National Park. The duck appears to be French and a mallard. The French word for mallard, mallart, means drake. There is a Drake Island near Bartlett Cove. But still no luck.

Hvsavage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved 80. So far I have solved only the even numbers 78,80,82. The solution for 80 seems unsatisfactory. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

sjwolfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved 80. So far I have solved only the even numbers 78,80,82. The solution for 80 seems unsatisfactory. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Good Job Hvsavage! I will be bothering you for a hint soon. I hate skipping for the second time though.

btw on 79, i looked at drakes passage and drake island. I also looked at Francis island, and sir francis drake. no luck.

Hvsavage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
80. vhs explained it to me! Great job Viv! I found the solution by only looking at the third clue. Even after getting the solution I still had no idea what the first two clues meant. As far as I can tell there are no CBNCs in this puzzle. Typing in the perfect score won't get you one. Typing in the game the perfect score occurs in won't get you one. Decoding the second clue won't get you one. I'm leaving it up to Viv for a hint for the first two clues.

Last edited:

bonnie2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, along with everyone else, would appreciate a hint on 80 and if no-one wants to actually post one on the board, please pm me. I think I'm developing an aneurysm. Thank you.

Rosalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
80. vhs explained it to me! Great job Viv! I found the solution by only looking at the third clue. Even
after getting the solution I still had no idea what the first two clues meant. As far as I can tell there are no CBNCs in this puzzle. Typing in the perfect score won't get you one. Typing in the game the perfect score occurs in won't get you one. Decoding the second clue won't get you one. I'm leaving it up to Viv for a hint for the first two clues.

Ok. Got it, but have no idea why... Viv. PM me and tell me why....i have used the answer and still can't figure what the other clues mean.
Thank you hvsavage for concentrating on the third clue. Took me minutes to solve. Where are these guys coming from?

vhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Got it, but have no idea why... Viv. PM me and tell me why....i have used the answer and still can't figure what the other clues mean.
Thank you hvsavage for concentrating on the third clue. Took me minutes to solve. Where are these guys coming from?

O80 goes like this:

OK, this one is triply logical. The graphics are genuinely dice. The game is Yahtzee. Normally involves 5 dice but six with those letters on them is a bit of poetic licence to show the original marketing company for that game. It has a potential perfect score. That score relates to the magnitude shown below the illustration. There you have it, I hope.

Viv

Most reactions

Latest posts