Here comes the competition

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by wrecklass, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    So everyone registered on an iPad forum has to say nothing but positive things and not discuss any competitors to the iPad or talk about what features they would like the iPad 2 to have? iPad owners aren't allowed to be unhappy with their purchase and be vocal about looking forward to a newer and better product?

2. G.P

G.P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't seem like bickering, it is bickering. And it's not the objective, logical kind, but moreso the 'my d**k is bigger than yours' drivel. I've never been a fanboy of anything, I buy what I like and can afford, and don't develop some kind of fetish or attachment to an inanimate object.

#92 G.P, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  3. rogatsby

rogatsby
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Of course not. We all have some complaints about the device. No device is perfect. But a search of your posts doesn't indicate the kind of constructive discourse you are referring to. What you have is an agenda - promote and glorify Android at the expense of iDevices. If you doubt me, just look at all of your posts.

4. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, look at all of my posts. Look back further than you did. I've been on this site since launch, and in the beginning, I LOVED my iPad, now I just kinda like it but am more frustrated than I was initially.

My agenda isn't to simply promote Android devices, it's just to get the idea out there to other people disappointed with the iPad that they do have other options. There are quite a few people that I know in person and on this forum who are in the "I buy Apple and nothing but Apple" camp, and they need to realize that blind brand loyalty is inhibiting their user experience.

5. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm afraid I still don't see a problem, aside from the idea being proposed that people should limit their negative posts to a certain number, or have them approved by you and The Alternative.

I've never understood the tenacity with which people cling to threads they don't like, or the impulse to announce to all and sundry their disinterest in a topic. This place generates about 200 new threads a day, and on a good day I'm interested in ~10. I don't go into the other 190 and announce they're crap, uninteresting, and the participants particularly dimwitted. I move on.

6. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    ...according to your standards!

Where you get into trouble is assuming that you know what is best for other people. I think this is why some members might be having a problem with some of your posts.

And while you continue on your one man crusade to alert the world of the evils the lurk at One Infinite Loop, I ask you to remember that this is not your private forum. This is a privately owned forum that was started to provide a venue for discussing ways of maximizing the utility and enjoyment of... the iPad. If your agenda is anything else, you are going to continue to meet with resistance.

If you think people made a bad choice in selecting the iPad, that is certainly your right to think as much, but this would be like me going to a Mustang forum and telling them that if they really want the best American sports car, then they should dump their POS cars and get a Corvette! How long do you think I would last over there?

If you are interested, the company that owns this forum also owns a Droid forum: Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones: Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Droid Eris

7. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Blind loyalty inhibits the user experience by anyone's standard. If you aren't willing to at least consider a competing product you might be missing out. Comparing a Mustang and a Corvette is not the same as comparing an Android tablet and the iPad. A better motorsports analogy would be comparing a sports car (Android) to a motorcycle (iPad) because by going with the motorcycle you lose much of the functionality offered by the sports car. The motorcycle may do some things better, but the overall experience is more complete with the sports car.

I don't own a Droid, I own an iPad, and until I no longer own an iPad, I will hang around. I am active over on Android Central already which covers all Android devices.

8. freebirdforever

freebirdforever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Please both of you......knock it off. Good god this is getting old

9. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    If you don't like reading it, find another thread.

10. freebirdforever

freebirdforever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I believe that it is my choice what I read and what I don't read, yes? You do not own me. So please, get over yourself.