What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help...

PLYeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why are all my high resolution photos becoming thumbnail size in most photo apps? Thanks~

Last edited:
OP
P

PLYeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ur help is most appreciated~=)

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because you are viewing the thumbnails of the photos? You need to provide more details to get more help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Let us know what app(s) you are using and what method you are using to import the photos to those apps. A step by step description of what you are doing and how it looks would also help.

There are literally dozens of apps and several methods to import photos. Without the at least the fist two items no one knows if they know anything that will help, (if that makes sense). :)

OP
P

PLYeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I import the photos directly from my camera to my iPad using an sd card adapter. The only app which I can open my file in full resolution is Photogene. The photos I open using the other apps such as Colorsplash and PS Express all became blur (Thumbnail size resolution). But I used to edit photos using Colorsplash without any problems. I have tried reinstalling and updating it but still the same.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is it possible you are importing RAW formatted photos?

Only a few apps (Photogene supports some RAW formats) have any support for RAW. Those that do not support RAW may display the included jpg files that are (for some formats) embedded, but given the large number of RAW formats that will be unreliable. For instance, you may get the thumbnail instead of the full sized jpg, even if it exists.

OP
P

PLYeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeap~ I'm importing raw files.. Haha~ How dum I am.. Thanks a lot~=)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. RAW support in the Photos app is relatively new, so the system support for it is spotty, and doesn't make it obvious what's going wrong when it does.

Most reactions

Latest posts