What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want pictures to retain their labels and resolution

FAC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm new to iPad and this forum, so if this has been covered at length, I apologize.

I would like to load images onto my iPad and:

1) Have the images retain their file names that were given to them on my computer;
2) Be able to see their file names on the iPad;
3) Retain their full resolution, as it seems the images on the iPad do not zoom in as far as they can on my computer before pixelization...which surprises me because the screen on the iPad is supposed to be quite a bit higher resolution than my computer.

I am a scientist/teacher and spend a lot of time producing high resolution images and would prefer that they display on the iPad the same way they do on my computer.

I am currently using Photo Transfer to get files from my computer to the iPad, and have experimented with PhotoMgrPro. I can ultimately display names on PhotoMgrPro, but I need to rename them once they are transferred...the iPad seems to forget the names during the transfer.

It would be best if I could simply import a folder of images and the iPad would remember their names, be able to display them, and show them at full resolution.

I have a lot of images that in thumbnail look similar, which is why it is important to be able to see the labels....sorting through 100 images in thumbnail that all look the same has become problematic.

Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
F

FAC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I just figured out that PhotoMgrPro will transfer over the file names if the import is done directly from the computer into PhotoMgrPro (not from the pictures folder on the iPad).

Now, if the images would only display at full resolution...

platappelaar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

I have the same problem. Can you tel me how do I send photos directly to PhotoMngrPro?

Most reactions

Latest posts