What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Needed Opening PDF File

debw32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to use my IPad2 to open Encore a Spectrum k12 School Solutions, Inc program. I can open the program, but not the forms within the program. I keep getting "PDF forms do not support Mac OS X. I was hoping to be able to complete my paperwork using my IPad. I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this an app that is giving you the error? If so go to the app's page in the app store and tap the button labeled "app support". See if you can get some help.

OP
D

debw32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it is not an app. Our special education forms are online. I am trying to update student information using my IPad2, but the forms won't open.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it you can do so without breaking any rules, confidentiality, or such, it might help if you supplied a copy of the form, or a link to the site, if it's open to the public.

Various people could then test their apps and browsers to see if they can make it work.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad does have a PDF viewer built into safari. So if the PDF doesn't have security, then it should work. Hmm...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some types of PDF do not work on the iPad. They have to be static and flat. That's like 99% of all pdfs, but there are exceptions.

If it is a form with fields to fill in, the only app I know of that will handle those is PDF Express. No personal experience, just the app claims and some reports of success from forum members.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Some types of PDF do not work on the iPad. They have to be static and flat. That's like 99% of all pdfs, but there are exceptions.

If it is a form with fields to fill in, the only app I know of that will handle those is PDF Express. No personal experience, just the app claims and some reports of success from forum members.

Oh. Interesting.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Oh. Interesting.

Well, it is second, maybe third hand info, and I don't remember what article I read, so take the details and lingo with a couple grains of salt. But the gist should be about right.

OP
D

debw32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, this a secure site, so I can't copy and paste forms.

OP
D

debw32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got a response from Apple. The iPad2's operating system doesn't support that format. Not a happy camper! I can't complete the paperwork for my job!

Most reactions

Latest posts