What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Expert stop automatically saving changes

eddoria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a setting in PDF Expert which can turn off automatic changes to a PDF. When I make any changes to my form they are saved. So when the file is reopened the changes are there. I don't want this to happen due to a problem with sending a form using javascript.

I have a button to email the form which flattens it and then sends the flattened form.

However when I open up the form again it is flattened so not usable.

I cannot save the form before sending as PDF expert sends the wrong form.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Vera

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to just make a copy before changing the form? Then it wouldn't matter if/when the changes were saved, since the original form is untouched.

Or am I not understanding what you want to do?

OP
E

eddoria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally I did make a copy. However when I go to email the saved copy of the form, PDF Expert attaches the wrong form. It attaches the original form not the saved copy. So I thought I would just use the original and fill out the form and email that. However as I have to flatten the file, the original becomes flattened. I have a support call out to readdle in the hope they can fix the email wrong form as attachment.

In case they cannot I thought I would use the original but cannot as it becomes flatten and useless. Would need to keep moving another copy of it to the documents folder for use each time. Very clunky.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Understood.

But I'm pretty sure this option does not exist.

PDF Expert does ask you if you want to discard changes in the original when you make a copy after having made changes; however the end result is pretty much the same as making the copy, and then making the changes.

Most reactions

Latest posts