What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Expert attaching wrong file

OP
E

eddoria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I would be interested to hear how you go. I am liking the workflow app.

I hope that readdle can solve my initial issue with wrong attachment. But glad to have been pointed to workflow.

If they cannot solve it Workflow could be an option, especially if form field values can be used in the workflow.

Regards

Vera

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I can't find any way to dig into the file itself and pull data. All I can find is the "Get Details of File" action, which can pull; Creation Date, Last Modified Date, Name, File Size, and Extension.

You could probably create unique Subject using a combination of the file name and date/time (though it would take some creative use the various Text actions).

There is an ability to pause a workflow, return to the app, do something, and resume the workflow. This could probably be used to Grab the subject line and send the email in two steps; but it would probably be easier to Just copy the subject line before starting the workflow, then paste it in when the Mail dialog appears (with Show Compose Sheet turned on in the workflow)

There is also a command that allows you to run scripts on a remote server over SSH, or even run scripts in a couple of other apps (like Pythonista). Given that you could probably do just about anything, but how to use this feature is far beyond my experience level.

OP
E

eddoria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out. My order form is only short term. Hopefully readdle can come up with something. Otherwise my nice solution will become clunky.

Vera

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since you are talking about filling out forms, and emailing them, have you ever checked out Form Connect?

I haven't used it in a while, but it's pretty much targeted at what you are doing. Though I don't know of any way to automate the emailing of the form. You still have to do that manually (I can't make Workflow work in it).

If you do look at it, do a little research and check to see when it was last updated. It's been a while since I played with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts