What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! I can't access my library on my iPad 1

K

Karen5656

Hi everyone. I hope you can help me. I cannot access my library on my iPad 1. I tried the hard reset. And I tried to get
To my music via search but the same thing happens: it looks like the library's opening, but instead I'm bounced back to The home screen.

What should I do?

Thanks!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

This is a ram issue you are experiencing on the iPad 1. This iPad has only 256mb of ram, the other newer iPads have double and even 4 times that much now. You say you've rebooted, is this by holding down the Off button and home button simultaneously until the Apple appears? If so it would have closed all your apps which are in your multi task bar. They may still show there but they are effectively closed. Which is the first step you should take when encountering this problem.

Do you have many location settings activated? Close as many of these as you can, you could even turn them all off and just activate them as needed. This will free up more ram.

Also go to Settings - Safari and clear your History and your Cookies and Website Data. If you would like to look first at how much data is stored on your iPad, go down to Advanced and then Website Data.....this is every site you've ever visited. Deleting all this will clear more ram.

Now after doing all that I would reboot (reset) again. I hope it helps but as files are only getting larger now as technology increases the iPad 1 is really beginning to struggle.

Let us know if this does make a difference.

Karen 56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi it's me again I did what you said (which is why I have a new name , I deleted the site and could not remember my password !)

And still I cannot open my iTunes library. Maybe when I get home from this trip I can try to sync it up again. I wonder though since I upgraded my iTunes to the latest version, would that be incompatible with this ipad? If so what should I do to remedy the situation ? I have a newish iPhone 4S, that works fine with my iTunes library.And it probably would not want to downgrade.

Most reactions

Latest posts