What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 & itunes library - basic question

colinmarsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i'm embarrassed i have to ask this but after much google searching and playing around, i simply can't figure this out.

i have an itunes library mostly of ripped cd's, not purchased through the itunes store. the library also contains a large number of podcasts which i did download through subscriptions on the itunes store.

i have a couple of ipod's and more recently bought my wife an ipad. i've manually synced some of the podcasts over to her ipad so she can listen to them when she travels. the problem is although i can sync them, i cannot figure out how to play them.

whenever i open itunes on the ipad, i can only navigate to the store. if i click on "podcasts" i get the store, if i click on music, the same thing. the only things i can access are songs I purchased through the store.

even if i re-download the podcasts to the ipad through the store, i see them on the download screen while they are coming down but am unable to figure out how to navigate and play them.

i suspect there is something embarrassingly obvious that i'm missing but i've spent far too much time trying to sort this out.

any help would be appreciated.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope this helps:

1. Select the iTunes app.

2. Select "Downloads" in the lower right of the screen.

4. Tap on the "Purchased" icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

5. If it doesn't immediately take you to the "Podcasts" screen, tap on the "Podcasts" icon displayed in the middle of the left-hand side of the screen.

Allyson

OP
C

colinmarsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i select downloads in the lower right corner i get a completely blank screen with only a link to itunes store terms and conditions. there is no linked to purchased.

next to the downloads link is a purchased link. when i select that i see the music i purchased from the itunes store but there is no link to podcasts on the left side of the screen.

so does that mean that no matter what i can't play items in my library that weren't purchased but were ripped from other media?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Synced/downloaded audio podcasts will be found in the iPod app. Video podcasts will be found in the Videos app.

Unlike the computer version of iTunes, the iPad app is only the store. The content goes to the previously mentioned apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts