What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote app cannot find iTunes library

iW00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the Remote app for remote control of iTunes on my macbook...

Remote is able to locate iTunes and iTunes is able to locate my ipad.. However when I click on "My Library" in the Remote app, it goes from "Looking for my library" to "Connecting to my library" but then it times out and finally gives me the message: "Remote can't connect to your iTunes library. Check your network settings and try again."

I have been browsing through different troubleshooting threads at Apple but have not found the reason/solution to this... I have Home Sharing on both devices, both are on the same Wi-fi connection, I got to type in the 4 digit code correctly, and my firewall is turned off on my macbook..

If anyone has any ideas I could try, that would be much appreciated.. I tried logging on to a friend's iTunes from my ipad and that worked so I am guessing it must be some settings on my macbook...?

Btw, I have searched for existing threads on the subject but did not find anything that could help me.. If I missed one, please bare with me :)

cluymes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iW00t said:
Upping this.. Help? Anyone?

Yeah, i have this exact same problem, but with a PC. iTunes even says there is a remote connected, but for some reason the remote can't access the library. My wife can access my PC's library from her Macbook, but my iPad can't.

cluymes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did some testing with some devices and it seems the problem is with something on my PC. Remote works fine with our iPad and iPhone with my wifes computer but neither work with my PC. I wonder if there is more firewall settings which need to be modified. Some more ports open or something.

I hope someone has some advice.

Cheers,
c

Most reactions

Latest posts