What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Migrate/ Convert structure from Folder Enhancer to Stock iOS folders & Save SpringBoard Layout?

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Migrate/ Convert structure from Folder Enhancer to Stock iOS folders & Save SpringBoard Layout?

Current:
iOS-7.1.1 - Jailbroken
Target:
iOS 9.0.2 or 8.4/.1

** FE Related: **
- I disabled all the Switches inside FE
-- Folders show where they were with 3x3 layout inside them. Until this point no problem with folders.
- When I uninstalled FE {or disabled FE in Mobile Substrate in iCleaner Pro), except a few folders {I suspect these were made earlier}, all of my folders disappeared.
- I am wondering if FE enhances iOS stock folders or simply replaces their creation by iOS?

** Reinstall FE for Folder Structure + R&D on how FE stores it: **
- Somehow I was able to recover them after reinstalling FE and then using restore in 'BackIt'.

- I exported all the FE files folders {that show in Cydia} from Library.. /MobileSubstrate /PreferenceBundles /PreferenceLoaders and went through the Plists and could not find anywhere that FE stores 'this' 'folder' information.

- Does FE store this folder with icons mapping information somewhere? Or does it use stock iOS mapping and add on only?
- I thoughe FE only enhanced/ added to Stock Folders not "bypass" their creation completely.

** Migrate/ Convert from FE to Stock iOS Folders: **
- If so, I am comfortable with XML/ XSL editing and can iFunbox into iPhone and convert FE mapping into Stock iOS mapping if needed. I am guessing its just a different template?

Please let me know how I could take current folder mapping & locations and make it Stock iOS as I don’t want tweaks & jailbreaks for folders.

Please just guide me and I will do the effort.

** SpringBoard Layouts: **

- What apps/ tweaks/ files can I use to 'Store/ Backup & Restore' SB Layouts that include Stock iOS folder structure that iOS and iTunes will recognize?

- Are the following outlined files still valid to do that? How & where does iOS now store SB Folder & App Icon layouts?

PS:
Old Stock iOS SpringBoard related:
- I remember we used to back up these certain folders & files as they were said to be used by Stock iOS to store SpringBoard icon etc layouts.
Is this still correct/ valid?

SpringBoard Icon & Folder Layout
? /private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/
? /User/Library/SpringBoard/*
? /SpringBoard/
? applicationstate.plist and
? IconSupportState.plist

folder, enhancer, folder, springboard, icon, layout, ios

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience with FolderEnhancer is if you uninstall it, you cannot get back your springboard layout.

Most reactions

Latest posts