Absinthe, the untethered jailbreak software for the iPad and iPhone 4S got an update this week that brought along compatibility with Mac OS X Leopard and some necessary bug fixes. But if your device is already jailbroken into and filled up with yummy green Absinthe, thereâ€™s no need to do it all over again.
Users previously encountered some database issues, while using the Absinth, experiencing screen errors and white icon errors. If the previous version of the jailbreak did not work for you, try again with this version.Hereâ€™s what you get with the update:
- Mac: added support for OSX 10.5, PPC and Intel CPU
- Added consistency check on startup to make sure required files are in place
- Windows: fixed bug in payload generator that might cause a crash
If you donâ€™t know how to use Absinthe on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 hereâ€™s a few tips for you:
- go to the official site and download Absinthe for Mac OS X or Windows
- connect your iDevice (iPhone 4S or iPad) to a computer
- click on Absinthe icon to launch and click â€œJailbreakâ€ to enable the device to run the jailbreak. Wait until it is done.
- When the installation is finished, you can see the Absinthe icon on your home screen. Tap on it to run Greenpois0n and then download Cydia.
If you happen to receive a message like this â€œError connection to the database establishingâ€ after trying to launch Absinthe, donâ€™t worry, itâ€™s probably due to the excessive pressure imposed on the servers of the Chronic Dev-Team. In a few days everything will go back to normal.