1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iCloud & me.com Mail

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by jcherepy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I've done a search and found a number of confusing suggestions. Here's what I would like to know, is there any way to leave mail on the iCloud/me.com mail server? I would like to read mail on either my iPad or iPhone, but still have the message available to pick up on my iMac for action and or archiving.

Thanks.

Bill

[Edit] Here's a solution I came up with. I turned off mail in iCloud on my devices and just configured me.com email as just another account (When I tried to configure it as a me.com account on the iPad it told me the account had already been moved to iCloud) and everything works as I want.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 1
    You can usually fix most iCloud mail problems by simply turning it off then on again. Occasionally signing out, then back into the account is necessary. Both should be done under the iCloud settings, not Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The separate configuration was probably unnecessary. Then again, I'm not sure what you were fixing.

Mail will not be deleted off the iCloud server unless you delete it on the iPad. IMAP (which is what iCloud uses) keeps all folders on the iPad/computer and sever synchronized (rather than just downloading it). So the simple answer is to simply not delete it. This can, of course, leave your Inbox a bit cluttered. The cure for that is to create a few folders and move the email's you want to keep around to them. The folders are easy to create on the icloud.com site (from a computer), and only slightly more trouble on the iPat itself.

The #46 post in this thread shows you how to create a folder on the iPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...ortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad-5.html
  3. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply, but my solution works better and is easy to set up.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 1
    No problem. Whatever works for you.