Gen 3 12.9 touchscreen problem

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by DavidM, Dec 10, 2018.

1. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sorry I haven’t posted on this in awhile but wanted to update those who have followed this thread. After I got home on 12-28 I went to the local Apple store and got #3 12.9 pro. Added a glass screen protector and went on with life. I have not had the same problems I had with the first two so there must have been some kind of problem as this ones a charm. Only thing I can think is maybe the bent screen was the culprit. Just guessing as I returned the first two before this surfaced so have nothing to substantiate my claim. This one if it is bent I can see it so it works correctly. Thanks to those of you who offered suggestions.

2. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    After 2 months with this one it’s degraded down to the same problems. Took the screen protector off as some blamed them. Still no help. Finding lots of posts googling with past generations of same problems with touch screen. Everybody is blaming Apple but they act Ike they know of no problems. Same as they told me. Not a happy camper.

3. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well by the time the new one came the only reliable way of using it was with the pencil.

4. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully last update. Number 4 is still working correctly and it will again be almost 2 months. I can’t understand why it took me this long to get a iPad that types correctly and no one else has/had this problem. I guess I’m just lucky.