What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keypad problems

sgds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

Had intermittent problems with my IPad's home button and as it was still under warranty I sent it back to Apple. As I live in Southern Ireland they courier a package to me to send it back and it is then sent for diagnosis. They then sent me back a new replacement iPad. This process took over a week.!!!!
Well I thought it was worth the wait as I have a new, perfectly working iPad back to me. Great!!
I'm afraid not, from the start the keypad was working erratically, letters printing without touching, letters, commas and numbers repeating constantly. Cursor moving back up the document. It I'd like a ghost pushing random buttons!!
On iTunes I nearly bought an album that I didn't want!
Has anyone had similar problems?

I am going to have to send it back again which I'm really p****d off about.
Up to now I have been delighted with apple products. I have iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 along with Apple tv. The iPad could change my mind!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try rebooting the iPad. Turn the iPad off. Then press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. See if that fixes the problem.

Tim

OP
S

sgds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,

Have tried restore three times and just tried to reboot but still same problem.

It is so bad that I can't write a full sentence without a problem !

Thanks anyway

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh man, lets hope apple gives u a brand new ipad that sorts out all the gremlins you mention

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - I can only think that you have yet another faulty iPad. This is very unusual, but I can't think of another possibility.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts