For those looking for Bags for Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by TCROW, May 27, 2010.

1. didisinned

didisinned
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it does have a zipper on the top which allows you to just slip it in, and no it's not too tight a fit. I have a macally bookstand case and it fits into it perfectly. That being said, it won't fit a bluetooth keyboard. There is however a medium sized case logic esling which should allow you to fit the keyboard into it. It's definitely a minimalistic bag, and it's perfect for my needs. Highly recommended, and especially for only 25 dollars too.

2. iceman

iceman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Decisions, decisions! I had less trouble deciding to buy the iPad!

I showed my wife pictures of the caselogic bag and the cocoon bag. She thinks the caselogic bag looks like a purse and the cocoon bag looks like a fanny pack. She thought that I should buy the cocoon bag until I told her the price. Then she said I should reuse a laptop bag instead of buying either!

So now I am leaning towards the case logic medium bag since it's a bit smaller then the cocoon and it's cheaper.

Thanks for the help everyone!

3. koigurl

koigurl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Booq Taipan Shadow XS. I have this messenger bag and it's awesome. Has a velvet-like, padded inner pocket for the Ipad plus other pockets for charger and other accessories. Not big or bulky but holds Ipad plus accessories easily and safely. Expensive but worth the $$ in my opinion.

4. ark

ark
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    An inexpensive option is the SwissGear Vertical Travel Bag. It's $19.99 plus tax at Target or Amazon. This can be found in the travel bag aisle of Target.

The biggest drawback is it will only fit an Ipad in a tight sleeve. It's not big enough for an Ipad in an Apple type leather case. So don't even consider this bag if you need to store an Ipad within a leather type case or forsee this need in the future. I use a cheap Kensington Ipad/Netbook sleeve from Amazon and will purchase a hard shell.

Since my post count is not 3, I cannot post links. A review can be found if you search Google with the words:
    ipad swissgear vertical boarding bag

5. maryinredding

maryinredding
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  6. Deus

Deus
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I can wear my underwear to work on my head and tell everyone its a hat but its still underwear. These are man purses!

7. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the last few especially look exactly like a purse. And not even a man purse, a real woman's purse. Ok if you're a woman, but stupid if you're a man.

They look like the purse Fiona wears in Burn Notice:

[​IMG]

8. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    So is it because it is a vertical bag that it becomes a man purse, or even just a purse?

Here is the bag I bought, granted I only use it when I am flying otherwise my iPad goes into my laptop bag.

[​IMG]

I've posted info on this bag before, but it works really good, pockets for my MiFi, it's charger, iPad dock, sync cable, charger, a screen cloth, and headphones.

9. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    No, that looks like a laptop bag or something.

10. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I'll have to post some scale pictures, because it is a lot smaller than a laptop bag. Perfect on an airplane. Of course it was originally designed for a netbook.