Travel bag for your Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by henry2, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I got the Case Logic for 7-10" netbooks and it works great. I doubt it will be my final case, but it beats what I have been using. When I get a Acme Made Folio in a couple of weeks, it will fit nicely in the CL bag. Once I have a chance to check some messenger bags, I plan on getting the one more suited for me.

2. ItzCooLz

ItzCooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    if you are looking at a bag, i ordered 2 bags, and here are my thoughts.

1) Skooba Messenger: Skooba Design
    I paid 37 dollars for it on Amazon.com. It looks like a small messenger bag, so looks less like a man-purse. (it is smaller than it appears in the stock image) It has a lot of neat design features:
    - there's a zipper on the top of the bag that gives you access to the main compartment without having to lift the flap
    - there's a buckle AND a velcro patch that secures the flap. (i like this because sometimes if i am going to be lifting up the flap a lot, it's nice to not have to always secure the buckle)
    - the ipad-holding portion is just a slim, padded pocket within the main compartment that fits it snugly.

2) STM Scout XS (radtech.us, amzn.to/bQLFGy):
    i paid 50 dollars for it on Amazon.com. It is vertically-oriented, so might come off as more of a man-purse. the nice thing about it, though, is that it is pretty small.
    - the main compartment is the sole area where you'd put your ipad, and it's a bit wide (approx 2 inches). it's much thicker than you'd need for just the ipad, so you'd end up putting other things next to your ipad.
    - it's main advantage is its small size. i could see myself carrying it around for extended periods of time.
    - smell: this one is a bit interesting. both of its reviews at amazon mention a horrible fishy odor. mine also has that same odor which i haven't been able to completely get rid of so far. i asked for a replacement from amazon, but that one also has the horrible odor). Radtech is the official reseller of STM in the USA, so you might get a non-malodorous bag through Radtech.

overall, i like both bags. they are both pleasantly small, although the skooba is about 3-4 inches wider (giving it a horizontal messenger bag appearance). as you can tell, i like the skooba bag better, but it's just a tad bigger. i think i'm going to keep the STM Scout for instances where i'll be wearing it for longer periods, but i wish the main compartment was more efficiently spaced for an ipad (it seems more designed for a thick netbook) and it didn't have that horrible smell. (I contacted STM to see if they had any comment. i'll pass any info i receive along to this post)

other bags i was considering was the Booq Taipan Shadow XS, but never ordered it due to price).

3. Thoenig2@me.com

Thoenig2@me.com
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad travel bag

Travel with the iPad is becoming more popular and having a bag that allows you to access the iPad is extremely useful. App advice just reviewed a bag that covers all these bases. It is a beautiful leather bag that acts as a supported clip board so you can use it while traveling. You can find it on the gadget freeway website

4. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I use a messenger bag when I'm moving around with more than just the iPad (e.g. library books, engagement diary, etc) - but I've also ordered a Built slimline backpack for when I'm only taking the iPad with me --

[​IMG]

5. deckyon

deckyon
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I use this one: Laptop Messenger Bags|TSM097US| by Targus

It holds the following:
    iPad in Otterbox Commuter Case
    Menotek 16 Position Stand
    Portable Hard Drive in padded pocket
    Portable HD cable in mesh pocket
    iPad Cable in mesh pocket
    Ear Phones in front pocket
    I don't plan on carrying any more than this at this point. Maybe one of the portable batteries at some point in the future, but there is plenty of room. I am seeing this as a near perfect bag for traveling, especially on planes where space is limited anyway.
    So far, I have only one complaint, and that is with the shoulder pad, which is sewn in place.

6. Nicholas76

Nicholas76
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    very thought advice and ideas.

7. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
  8. missatone

missatone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    this one is my favourite:
    Cocoon Harlem - CSN346 - Cocoon
    although i'm actually looking for a leather messenger bag for a while now, but i haven't find the right one yet. :(

9. 405ipaduser

405ipaduser
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    it looks like a fanny pack for your back

10. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

I use the ColcaSac sleeve. Very comfortable.