What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many iPad bags do you have?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how many, and what kind of iPad bags you all have. For photographers, one cannot have too many camera bags. I'm thinking it's similar for iPads, but not as extreme.

I'll start out with my "collection" of bags:

NY Built netbook sleeve - iPad always goes in there if I'm taking the iPad out of the house.

The sleeve then gets put in one of the following:
- Roots backpack which is doubling as the diaper bag
- 2010 Vancouver Olympics mini-backpack (which just barely fits the iPad+sleeve, but will hold minimal diaper gear)
- MEC mini-messenger bag (which is like the Tom Bihn Ristretto bag and probably the same size too)
- Roots tweed tote bag (which will hold a lot of stuff and not look like I've got anything electronic in there)

All are different sizes depending on what I need to carry.

Unfortunately none of my 5+ camera bags will hold the iPad elegantly, so I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that. I'll cross that bag-buying bridge when my son is old enough for me to be able to enjoy taking my dSLR on outings again. :)

I'm very interested in the Tom Bihn Ristretto and the small STM bag. However, with the bags I already have, I can't justify buying yet another.

dilipc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.. I'm new here, so hi everyone! I just bought mine from the Boston store - it's the WiFi 16 GB version. I have two cases - one is the microfibre case which I bought in the Apple store. The other is a leather look alike I bought in the Freehold Mall, NJ. I mostly use the leather look-alike as it looks 'cool'!

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I was taking the seriously until the line about not being able to justify another bag?!?:)

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how many, and what kind of iPad bags you all have. For photographers, one cannot have too many camera bags. I'm thinking it's similar for iPads, but not as extreme.

I'll start out with my "collection" of bags:

NY Built netbook sleeve - iPad always goes in there if I'm taking the iPad out of the house.

The sleeve then gets put in one of the following:
- Roots backpack which is doubling as the diaper bag
- 2010 Vancouver Olympics mini-backpack (which just barely fits the iPad+sleeve, but will hold minimal diaper gear)
- MEC mini-messenger bag (which is like the Tom Bihn Ristretto bag and probably the same size too)
- Roots tweed tote bag (which will hold a lot of stuff and not look like I've got anything electronic in there)

All are different sizes depending on what I need to carry.

Unfortunately none of my 5+ camera bags will hold the iPad elegantly, so I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that. I'll cross that bag-buying bridge when my son is old enough for me to be able to enjoy taking my dSLR on outings again. :)

I'm very interested in the Tom Bihn Ristretto and the small STM bag. However, with the bags I already have, I can't justify buying yet another.

Also have several bags in case that was not obvious?

At least you can go walk into the Tom Bihn Mothership?

I have several of them and several Waterfield cases too.

For just the iPad,so far:

Belkin Skin
ZooGue
Otterbox Defender
Apple Case

And the Waterfield Sleeve for something else I already had fits the iPad in any other case fairly well.

Any of these is usually inside my Bihn Super Ego along with a 13" Macbook Pro and Toughbook CF30.

It gets heavy!

Ed

OP
P

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Walking into the Tom Bihn store is not going to end well...ha ha. I'd end up buying something (or more, LOL). So for my sake, I'll stay away for now.

I wasn't listing cases per se, but I'll add that my iPad is sporting a clear Hard Candy Sleek skin (and a Zagg Invisibleshield front).

DoingOK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Saddleback leather bag that I take into work everyday and it fits my iPad nicely. Very good quality and built to last (100 year warranty). I either keep my iPad in a Piel Frama case or the Limited Edition Malkco.

004-2-1.jpg

Nice and snug:

001-3-1.jpg

nthnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have any actual bags, but I do have a few cases. I bought the Marware EcoVue for when I take my iPad out of the house so that it's protected and has an integrated stand. I also have a Macally clear snap on case. And I bought one of those cute little iPad "socks" for $1 on eBay because...well...I liked the colour of blue it was...

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a slip case that goes into a daypack or a kensington sling bag

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Saddleback leather bag that I take into work everyday and it fits my iPad nicely. Very good quality and built to last (100 year warranty). I either keep my iPad in a Piel Frama case or the Limited Edition Malkco.

004-2-1.jpg

Nice and snug:

001-3-1.jpg

That is a really nice bag!

Photo1017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wjd333.smugmug.com
I have the STM Jacket I use daily. No matter which of my six camera bags I use that day - LOL
Like most photogs, im on a never ending search for camera bag, but this STM bag is perfect
. Fits iPad with griffin silcone jacket, slips in my briefcase, but is perfect for solo carry anywhere

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn but this a real "Girly" question.

Real men don't............
.......but as long as it's in pink!

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For traveling, I use a Nike Golf backpack. It has a padded laptop section, lots of packets and comfortable straps. Great for overnights or day trips.

Most reactions

Latest posts