What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the people who have 16gb model, is it enough

colep53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the 16gb and want to know if people feel it is big enough. Main reason I'm thinking it will be enough is because programs like airvideo no longer will we have to have all of our media on our device. What do you guys think?

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is for me. I am not a huge media person, and just like the Apps/Browser, etc... I think it largely depends on how much of your library you want on your device. I do not find myself listening to local music off the device, hardly ever. I do use Pandora often.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16 gigs is fine for me. I haven't even used one full gig yet.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggest memory hog by far has been video so if you don't plan on storing any of it on your iPad then 16G may be enough. I say "may" be because there could come the time when your iPad isn't in reach of your stored video library (say when you're on vacation) and you'll want to take some of those movies along with you. For reference Iron Man was 1.3G (non-HD). Also, the actual free memory on a 16G iPad is less than 16G, the OS takes up some room, so do some checking before buying (although Apple will take it back within 2 weeks if you decide you need the larger storage of a 32 or 64).

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lucky you.....I got the 32GB and have 25 full already......even if I kill all my movies, I would still need 12-13GBs......do yourself a favor and get a 32GB.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Mines great for me. Sure, it would be nice to put my 34 gigs of music on it. But truth is I only listen to maybe 4 gigs worth on any kind of regular basis. I do have 4 gigs of photos on it.

It would be nice to have more, but I sure don't "need" it.

OP
C

colep53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lucky you.....I got the 32GB and have 25 full already......even if I kill all my movies, I would still need 12-13GBs......do yourself a favor and get a 32GB.

Wow what do you have on it that is taking up the most?

ipad3g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.westmobilerebels.com
Biggest memory hog by far has been video so if you don't plan on storing any of it on your iPad then 16G may be enough. I say "may" be because there could come the time when your iPad isn't in reach of your stored video library (say when you're on vacation) and you'll want to take some of those movies along with you. For reference Iron Man was 1.3G (non-HD). Also, the actual free memory on a 16G iPad is less than 16G, the OS takes up some room, so do some checking before buying (although Apple will take it back within 2 weeks if you decide you need the larger storage of a 32 or 64).

If you have unlimited 3g access, all you need is netflix. Thats what i have and its great. I only put photos and music on mine.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow what do you have on it that is taking up the most?

I have only 171 songs, but 5 movies (2 in HD), 10 TV shows (History Channel, Lost Worlds, etc., 70 music videos, 77 apps (about 10 of those are heavy, with a couple of 100MB), 150 pictures, 3.5GB docs, pdfs and about 30 books.

Ok, I could get rid of at least of half of the video content, but then I would probably add more music and more pdf/ebook.

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not using it for pics, I'm not storing music or video or movies. I'll stream Netflix, watch UTube once in awhile and be fine with the capacity.

ddoyle777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not for me. I bought the 16 wifi and tomorrow I'm going to try and find a 64. I spend too much time moving music off and on. I also enjoy movies which I had not anticipated. I've only got about 3-4 gig of apps & data though.

Haven't decided about 3G.

dag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am an older person so 16 is enough for me. I am not into a lot of the things younger more tech savy mobile people are used to and can not do without. Look at it this way, the difference between the 16/32gb is $100, how long are you going to keep the ipad, years probably and how much per year will it cost you, an extra 20-30 dollars? Hope this helps.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am an older person so 16 is enough for me. I am not into a lot of the things younger more tech savy mobile people are used to and can not do without. Look at it this way, the difference between the 16/32gb is $100, how long are you going to keep the ipad, years probably and how much per year will it cost you, an extra 20-30 dollars? Hope this helps.

Very good perspective. And if you are importing them to Europe right now, the 16GB doesn't make sense at all, because of shipping and VAT.....

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 64G and haven't even came close to putting a dent in memory use. I have over 50 Apps installed, over 100 pictures, 6 Zinio subscriptions downloaded and 4 books downloaded and sitting at 58Gig available. If you stay easy on music download the 16Gig will probably work for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts