What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find my iphone for IOS 6 device?

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the release of IOS 7 we can no longer install find my iPhone for devices running IOS 6?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the release of IOS 7 we can no longer install find my iPhone for devices running IOS 6?
Apple now allows devices that are not on the latest iOS version to download the latest compatible version of an app. When you try to download the app, you will see a pop up asking if you want to download the latest compatible version of the app. Have a look at this page. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5919

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That says apps in "purchased" where we have never purchased this previously. I guess well give it a go and see.

Thanks.

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I understand but am saying we have never purchased this app from this iTunes account before.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Find my phone is free down load regardless of iTunes account most likely it is In the purchased apps as that is where apple keeps any item that has been down loaded previously except for core iPad apps that cannot be deleted. If find my phone was deleted in error or used on another iOS device using your iTunes address it will show up as apps not installed on your iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@col.bris: I think the OP is saying they've never downloaded Find my iPhone before. It would not be in the Purchased tab unless it had been downloaded at least once. Most people think of this a buying, even though it's free, since you still have to tap the button and enter your Apple ID.

Still, I'm surprised that the older version of the app does not show up in the App Store on the iPhone. You would think that Apple would include their own apps in the ability to download older versions on older iOS devices. That was supposed to be an ability that rolled out at the same time as iOS 7.

@Husq250: I'd contact iTunes Support and ask. Make sure you contact iTunes support (free) not Apple Tech Support (not free).

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok my first mistake was to use the word "purchase" instead of download. I meant that we had never downloaded it before.

So- we tried to download and sure enough it asked if we wanted to download the earlier version, selected yes and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the responses!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok my first mistake was to use the word "purchase" instead of download. I meant that we had never downloaded it before. So- we tried to download and sure enough it asked if we wanted to download the earlier version, selected yes and it worked just fine. Thanks for the responses!
I'm glad you now have your find my iPhone app downloaded and working. Thanks for letting us know, it may help others who read this thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts