What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Releases iOS 6 for the other iPhones, the iPod Touch, and the iPad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ios6.jpeg

It's here folks! Apple just released iOS 6 for their other devices beyond just the new iPhone 5. You can now grab the newest version Apple's OS for your older iPhones, your iPod Touch, and your iPad. Our own amazing admin, Unleashed, went to the trouble of sharing some descriptions of the new iOS in the forum of our sister-site. Hit up the source link below for more details.

To grab yours ASAP just follow these instructions:
  • Go into Settings
  • Hit General
  • Hit Software Update
  • You should be presented with all the details about the update.
  • Hit Download and Install

Everyone give Unleashed a hearty thanks for sharing this news!

Source: ios 6 officially released!

caseyzamco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, so excited to hear this news...can't wait to download and install and use its new features....

Cheers!

rlangham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 6 seems fine. Is there a user guide including it for iPad2?

ffinest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I go back to IOS5?
Become an iOS developer, download the appropriate package (google for "ios 5 direct download links") and use XCode's Organizer to downgrade to iOS 5.
(That's the only way I know ...)

Calomax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ffinest said:
Become an iOS developer, download the appropriate package (google for "ios 5 direct download links") and use XCode's Organizer to downgrade to iOS 5.
(That's the only way I know ...)

That's a shame, I want Google maps back but, worse, my Home button doesn't always react. Sometimes I have to press it 3 or 4 times. It always worked every time before. Lets hope w get an update to the update soon!!!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a workaround for the dodgy home button.

Go to Settings/General/Accessibility/Assistive Touch. Turn it on and you will get a software home button on your screen. You can move it around if it gets in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Calomax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
There is a workaround for the dodgy home button.

Go to Settings/General/Accessibility/Assistive Touch. Turn it on and you will get a software home button on your screen. You can move it around if it gets in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Thanks, it might help although it has a mind of its own and won't go just where I want it.

I've sorted Google Maps by going into it inSafari then adding to Home Screen. I've done the same with uTube.

Calomax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calomax said:
Thanks, it might help although it has a mind of its own and won't go just where I want it.

I've sorted Google Maps by going into it in Safari then adding to Home Screen. I've done the same with uTube.

Suddenly my Home button seems to have started working properly

Most reactions

Latest posts