What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Releases iOS 6 for the other iPhones, the iPod Touch, and the iPad

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why Maps would be missing, but I believe Siri is activated by pressing and holding the home button.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

my9cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but the siri icon is not even appearing. I verified the update is in but no indocation of siri anywhere.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried to install IOS6 on my new IPad and it has totally failed. The screen is black and my computer does on recognize the IPad. Does anyone have any suggestions. I backed it up to to my computer before I started the installation but I cannot get the computer to see the IPad.
Oh, sorry to hear that. :(
Luckily I didn't have any issues with installing, unfortunately ou did instead.

cherryhesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have the new ipad md328ll and downloaded the io6 today.
There is no icon for siri or the maps.
What to do?
TY
Maps is not included in iOS6 anymore. Google and Apple had a falling out. Maps (which was based on Google Maps) and YouTube are now no longer on iPad or iPhone. On iPhone 5 there is a new maps software with 3D and everything. I guess they chose not to include it for iPad - just like there's no weather app or stocks app on iPad. But both are on iPhone

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
See screenshot.

image-3925171919.jpg

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
cherryhesh said:
O thank goodness. I'm so glad they included the new Apple Maps on iPad. I knew for sure they did not include the old one because of the falling out with Google. Still don't understand why we don't have "Calculator, Stocks & Weather" apps from iPhone. :-(

If you haven't already, check out the CNBC & Bloomberg apps for iPhone and iPad. For free, they give you the down and dirty, you can follow your stocks, program alerts and get breaking news. I use both extensively.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lynneyoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to iPad and this is my second post so any help greatly appreciated I have downloaded some films onto my PCM from a torrent site I then downloaded them onto the iPad befor the update I could see and hear the films now I can see but not hear please can anyone help ( idiot proof instructions please)
Thank you in advance

nhelai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can i upgrade my ipad? There's nothing in the update :(

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nhelai said:
How can i upgrade my ipad? There's nothing in the update :(

goofy8275 said:
There's nothing in the update? Would you mind elaborating a little? Thank you.

Goofy's reply makes sense. We need to know which model you have for starters. If its an iPad 1 there will be no update, as iOS 6 does not run on this one. Can you send a screenshot of your Settings/Software Update page so we can see what's going on?

nhelai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
There's nothing in the update? Would you mind elaborating a little? Thank you.

Got it now, my available memory is full now i deleted some apps and its ok now :) the update tab is now available, :)

nhelai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Goofy's reply makes sense. We need to know which model you have for starters. If its an iPad 1 there will be no update, as iOS 6 does not run on this one. Can you send a screenshot of your Settings/Software Update page so we can see what's going on?

Im using the new ipad (ipad 3) , but its ok now, i just free up some memory for the update :)

Most reactions

Latest posts