What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New study: 82% of iPads have iOS 6 running, ready for iOS 7

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
115-640x384.jpg

As we are awaiting for Apple to launch its latest operating system, the iOS 7, we can’t help but wonder how its soon to be predecessor fared out? Was it well received by the general population and widely adopted or did Apple customers prefer the older versions?

A new chart released by ad network Chitika claims that the majority of iOS users have upgraded to the iOS 6. What is most? About 92% of iPhone users have opted for it, while in the iPad camp things seem to be going slower with adoption levels set to 82%. The iOS 5 still maintains a position in the chart but its grasp is minuscule, compared to the iOS 6. The older iOS is still powering 5% of iPhones and 13% of iPads. The survey only covers the North ​​American territory. Things seem to be pretty homogenous at the moment for Apple’s iOS and they certainly don’t compare with the fragmentation issue the Android environment is seeing. Here, just 6% of users have upgraded to the latest version.

To come up with the statistic, the firm had to analyze tens of millions of so called ad impressions picked up from its North American Chitika Ad Network. The time frame when the research was conducted s 15 August – 21 August.

But with the release of the iOS 7 which will come pre-installed on next generation iPhones, the chart will surely change dramatically in the upcoming months. Apple will also push out the iOS 7 for users of older devices such as the iPhone 4, 4S and 5.

Source: CultofMac

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I LOVE software updates, I can't wait for 7...

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still gonna wait a little bit. I have an iPad 2 and I'd like to confirm that the OS runs well on it first before making a change I cannot undo!

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I might be the only one still running iOS 5.1.1. on my iPad 3 :D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm still gonna wait a little bit. I have an iPad 2 and I'd like to confirm that the OS runs well on it first before making a change I cannot undo!

Yep - I usually like to wait until the first or second *.0x update is released - have an iPad 2 & iPad Mini for iOS 7 - also new MBP & iMac running Mountain Lion - Mavericks is next and probably soon! BOY - 4 machines to think about! Will do my iPad 2 & MBPro first, then if all goes well, will update my wife's machines - think that is a plan? ;) :thumbs:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep - I usually like to wait until the first or second *.0x update is released - have an iPad 2 & iPad Mini for iOS 7 - also new MBP & iMac running Mountain Lion - Mavericks is next and probably soon! BOY - 4 machines to think about! Will do my iPad 2 & MBPro first, then if all goes well, will update my wife's machines - think that is a plan? ;) :thumbs:

Yes, that is a plan. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts