What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Releases iOS 6 for the other iPhones, the iPod Touch, and the iPad

Calomax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lynneyoung said:
Hi can anyone post a link to get an app to get back YouTube please I have been trying all afternoon and can't find

Thanks in advance
There is an iPhone app that apparently will work on the iPads as a temporary measure until the iPad app has been produced

Calomax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calomax said:
There is an iPhone app that apparently will work on the iPads as a temporary measure until the iPad app has been produced

Sorry Goofy, I was on the wrong page and didn't see your post

paleface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I update my iOS on iPad 2 there is no software update under general settings

paleface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Adding to Gabriel's assurance I just loaded the YouTube app onto iPad 2 and it works perfectly.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

How do you update your iOS on iPad 2 there's no update software under general settings

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
paleface said:
How do you update your iOS on iPad 2 there's no update software under general settings

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

If you are already on at least IOS5 then the update can be done OTA (over the air) on your iPad. Go to settings - General - Software update, it's second from the top and you will see it there.

If its not there that would mean you're not on at least IOS 5 so go to Settings - General - about and look for version and it will tell you what OS you're on. Let us know and then we can show you what to do then.

paleface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

If you are already on at least IOS5 then the update can be done OTA (over the air) on your iPad. Go to settings - General - Software update, it's second from the top and you will see it there.

If its not there that would mean you're not on at least IOS 5 so go to Settings - General - about and look for version and it will tell you what OS you're on. Let us know and then we can show you what to do then.

I'm on 4.3.5

paleface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
You must not be running iOS 5. Plug it into your computer and click the update button.

K will try that tomm at work don't have a comp thanx

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
paleface said:
I'm on 4.3.5

The update will need to be done on your pc/Mac. Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your pc, and do a complete backup of your iPad.

It is also a good idea to turn off virus protection/firewall for the duration of the update. The jump to IOS5 was a particularly big one and this will take some time and is dependent on how many apps, photos etc you do have on your iPad. I will include some links below to help you here. You are in for a big surprise on all the extra features you will have after doing this. good luck!!

[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/50385-how-do-i-upgrade-ios-5-a.html#post345719
And also a troubleshooting thread in case you have trouble but if you do just report back and we'll see what can be done.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html#post339338

pinkbux28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ios 6 blurred my map apps, i lost my you tube too, and when i hit apps store i am directed to us market instead of philippines and i dont know how to go back, please help. I cant download any apps because i am in us apps store, there is a message that appear that my id is not valid in us market, i shd be using the ph apps store. Help please.

mamba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pinkbux28 said:
Ios 6 blurred my map apps, i lost my you tube too, and when i hit apps store i am directed to us market instead of philippines and i dont know how to go back, please help. I cant download any apps because i am in us apps store, there is a message that appear that my id is not valid in us market, i shd be using the ph apps store. Help please.

Try signing out of the AppStore and sign back in, that worked for me.

HansonDWH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to install IOS6 on my new IPad and it has totally failed. The screen is black and my computer does on recognize the IPad. Does anyone have any suggestions. I backed it up to to my computer before I started the installation but I cannot get the computer to see the IPad.

Calomax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HansonDWH said:
I tried to install IOS6 on my new IPad and it has totally failed. The screen is black and my computer does on recognize the IPad. Does anyone have any suggestions. I backed it up to to my computer before I started the installation but I cannot get the computer to see the IPad.

Have a look here for a solution "http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1451585" sorry I don't know how to include a link so you'll have to copy and paste the URL.

my9cats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No siri on ipad 3 update

Hi
I have the new ipad md328ll and downloaded the io6 today.
There is no icon for siri or the maps.
What to do?
TY

Most reactions

Latest posts