Extremely hot iPad charger?

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by GreatBanter, Oct 31, 2015.

1. GreatBanter

GreatBanter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am a 13 year old that has an iPad air 2 for school. I am using the default charger that came with the iPad. There was no issues with the charger for around 8 months.

Within the last 2-3 months, I have been overnight charging as normal. I woke up one night to check for an important message and then I felt the charger.
    It actually burnt me.
    It still gets that hot now, sometimes even hotter.

I told my mother of this issue and I am no longer permitted rights to charging my iPad over night. I am not getting enough battery for school and I am failing work because my iPad goes flat in the day.

I am getting a 16,000mah battery pack for Christmas but I am a bit scared to see if my grades will hold until then.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Groot

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Is your iPad still under warranty? Your charger certainly sounds defective and should be replaced. The warranty would cover replacing a defective charger at no cost to you. The cost to buy a new charger is less than $30.00.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    @ Groot - agree w/ Scifan..'s comments, have your charger replaced if still under warranty; also have you tried another charging cable or tested the one being used on this charger w/ another one?

Also, there are plenty of third party wall chargers available (just check Amazon) at reasonable prices - I use an iGO w/ 2-USB ports, each putting our 2.1 amps which is needed for most effective iPad charging. Good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Just don't buy one of those super cheap chargers from no-name brands. These often cut corners both on safety and reliability.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List