What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

solar charger

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After not being able to charge my phone after the blackout from the hurricane I am thinking of getting a solar charger for my iPhone and iPad any recommendations not to expensive

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After not being able to charge my phone after the blackout from the hurricane I am thinking of getting a solar charger for my iPhone and iPad any recommendations not to expensive

Hi Vett - in Piedmont, NC we get occasional power outages that will last from minutes to many hours, rarely going into a day or so. To keep my modem/router going, I have an APC UPS w/ an acid-lead battery and several other acid-lead battery backups which will keep us going for at least 6-8 hrs, and provide a means of charging our iDevices; also, have a bunch of Li-Ion tool batteries which provide charging. However, if the outage is more that 8 hrs or so, I'm 'done for'!

We have natural gas and I almost invested in a gas generator but the cost was $10,000+ to power most of the house (could go for a lesser powered generator but then no HVAC and limited lighting) - so some more options to consider. As to 'solar power', I've not looked into the options (especially during a storm when the sun is not shining) - but out of curiosity, I did a little googling - this LINK looked promising, but not sure of the efficacy of these 'small' solar chargers vs. just buying some acid-lead battery backups?

Will be interested in the responses - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts