What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPhone charger on iPad???

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hummm...If we flip-flop the initial question...can you use the iPad charger for the iPhone?

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hummm...If we flip-flop the initial question...can you use the iPad charger for the iPhone?

Absolutely, you can. No problem at all. I've done it many times and there has never been any issues with my iPhone afterwards.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's how it looks and you attach the USB cable to it and plug it into the wall.

Attachments

• iphone-wall-plug-charger1.jpg
    iphone-wall-plug-charger1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 566
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Absolutely, you can. No problem at all. I've done it many times and there has never been any issues with my iPhone afterwards.

Yeah but maybe it could be like a long term thing you never, well the bottom line here is that i just hope I can last with my slow iPhone charger over the weekend :D

Thanks again

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's how it looks and you attach the USB cable to it and plug it into the wall.

That is the AC adapter that comes with the iPhone. The iPad's AC adapter is a little larger, but still works interchangeably.

rai.rsantos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:

My old iPhone has this(compact looking) charger(3G). My iPhone 4 and iPad 2 chargers look identical in appearance(much bigger, used for universal plug), but not the same. One says 5W(iphone4) and the other 10W(ipad2). Like the previous person said, the 5w takes almost 2x as long to charge the iPad than the intended 10w charger. It's understandable since it only has half the amount of power. Still, better than not having a charger at all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is the AC adapter that comes with the iPhone. The iPad's AC adapter is a little larger, but still works interchangeably.

Ok so this is like a slippery slope is the charger in the picture safe to be used on the iPad now I don't really know.:confused: And I think it is the iPhone charger not the iPhone 4. That's why this charger was taking seriously long to charger my iPad lol

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I use the one in the picture to charge my iPad safely? Yes or No? Sorry just a little confused

rai.rsantos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
Can I use the one in the picture to charge my iPad safely? Yes or No? Sorry just a little confused

Yes you can, it'll be slow, but it'll work. At least mine did.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^yah it works and it is slow. Alright that's all wanted to know thanks guys really appreciate it.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, you can use it. It is perfectly safe, don't worry, it won't harm your iPad in any way.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, there seems to be some confusion concerning the numbers being quoted, i.e. W = Watts (which is power and is Voltage x Amps).

I agree w/ Tim and checked my iPod Touch (2G) & iPad2 chargers - 5 Volts and 1 Amp for the iPod (which would be 5 Watts) & 5.1 Volts and 2.1 Amps for the iPad2 (or about 10 Watts).

Thus, the the amperage is the difference making the power twice as much for the iPad2 charger and reducing charging time.

BTW, I've often used the iPad2 charger on my iPod w/o detriment - have not really checked the times needed to charge the device w/ the two different charges. :)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
I agree w/ Tim and checked my iPod Touch (2G) & iPad2 chargers - 5 Volts and 1 Amp for the iPod (which would be 5 Watts) & 5.1 Volts and 2.1 Amps for the iPad2 (or about 10 Watts).

Here's what I do to avoid confusion between our iPad and an iPhone/iPod adapters:

a7a1bd1c.jpg

bobriperform

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Here's what I do to avoid confusion between our iPad and an iPhone/iPod adapters:

Wow..nice share..
What i do to avoid d confusion thing..i give name tag in d charger..old ways ha?:p

debbied88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my label maker and put iPod or iPad on the appropriate charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts