What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPhone charger on iPad???

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone I forgot my iPad charger at work (classic) so I'm stuck with my iPhone charger all weekend. Is It ok to use it to charge my iPad or will it damage my battery?

Thanks

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, you can use without any problems. It will just take a little longer to charge, but it is still safe to use.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yah I noticed that it's taking agonizingly long to charge my iPad like seriously

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your understanding is incorrect. They are identical - though I cannot tell you how I know that, it's a fact.

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe there are some different iPhone chargers out there, but the one that came in the box with my friend's iPhone4 has stamped on the side of the charger 5V 1A. On my iPad1 charger it says 5V 2A. The two chargers are identical in size, however.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe there are some different iPhone chargers out there, but the one that came in the box with my friend's iPhone4 has stamped on the side of the charger 5V 1A. On my iPad1 charger it says 5V 2A. The two chargers are identical in size, however.

Tim

I find likewise with the OEM chargers for my iPad 1 and 2 vs. the OEM chargers for my touch and iPhone. The difference is basically 10v vs. 5v, outside appearance being irrelevant.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really takes much much longer with iPhone charger though. I think about twice as long. But it is safe to use :D great I though I might be damaging my batteries.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really takes much much longer with iPhone charger though. I think about twice as long.
I don't know about twice as long, at least not in my case. It takes about an hour longer to charge my iPad with my iPhone 4's wall charger.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really takes much much longer with iPhone charger though. I think about twice as long.
I don't know about twice as long, at least not in my case. It takes about an hour longer to charge my iPad with my iPhone 4's wall charger.

Now that I think about it i'm not too sure if its the iPhone 4's charger or the first iPhone to ever come out's charger. Because I bought the iPhone right when it first came out the really slow one and it might be that ones charger that's why it take so long i'm not joking it take really long time about twice as long. Let me try to attach a picture of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts