What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charger becomes very hot after normal use

Silverdots

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hye..im using ipad mini for about two months now..im charging it when only the juice is left below 10 percent...the problem is,when im charging my mini,the charger becomes very hot.,im not using my mini when im charging it...is it normal?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Burn your hand? No, that is not right. Chargers get warm...but they do not get hot enough to burn anything. That could start a fire. Take it to an apple store and let them replace it.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Burn your hand? No, that is not right. Chargers get warm...but they do not get hot enough to burn anything. That could start a fire. Take it to an apple store and let them replace it.

This. I was assuming it wasn't that hot. Take it in immediately.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How warm is it?my charger can get vey hot to the point where u touch it u can actually burn ur hand

When a charger gets that hot, there's very likely a short in the internal wiring. A replacement is definitely warranted.

Most reactions